Open Source OBD software
From Geek My Ride
- JDash http://jdash.ludicrous-speed.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
- Opendiag simple OBD-II to RS232 cable and information about Volkswagen-specific extensions.
- Freediag open source software that works with six different cables.
- the classic "Jeff" interface OBD-II <-> RS232
- scantool.net interface vendor offers source code for Windows that is also reported to work in Linux under Wine. How to use the software
- Design News article on improving fuel efficiency includes an OBD-II interface circuit and a discussion of how fuel efficiency can be calculated from airflow and vehicle speed.
- obddig.net offers a schematic, software, and a kit for a PIC-based computer interface.
- Serial interface OBD II or KL to RS232 with cheap IC MC33290 (schematic and PCB; German, translated with babelfish)
- USB Port interface OBD II or KKL to USB with cheap ISO IC L9637 (schematic; German, translated with babelfish)
- RomRaider ROM editor/ECU logger for Subarus